So I whipped this up this morning for Carly and I, as we were working together today on a DIY project. It was super easy, really healthy and filling.
Takes only 10 mins to make and prepare:
- Two hard boiled eggs
- Rocket/mixed salad/cucumber/peppers
- 10 black olives (I used Kalamata)
- Green beans – blanched
- Tuna steak (mine were frozen from Iceland)
- Dressing: one part olive oil to two parts white wine vinegar plus a dollop of Wholegrain mustard
- Pop some water in an pan to boil
- Put your tuna steak on a microwaveable plate. Splash with water and salt and pepper and cover. Microwave a minute at a time until just cooked
- Put your eggs and beans into the boiling water and simmer (covered) for 5 minutes
- Prep your salad and put in one takeaway pot (lettuce/rocket/olives/cucumber etc)
- Fill the saucepan with cold water to cool your eggs/beans and leave for a couple of minutes
- Add the eggs and beans to the salad
- Add the dressing ingredients to a pot and season (I use a jam jar)
- Put your tuna steaks in to another pot until ready to serve.
- Wait until you’re starving and then assemble. Shake up your dressing a drizzle over your salad. Enjoy!