With the Summer Holidays looming, our minds have drifted to thoughts of sunny places; gorgeous sunsets, warm azure seas and that chilled out feel of sand between our toes….
But before we get there, we need to pack, right?!? We don’t mind admitting, we’re already slightly dreading the thought of packing!! So, with that in mind we’ve come up with a few handy packing hacks to take the stress out of your (and our) summer holiday packing.
Our Top 5 Packing Tips
- Roll, don’t fold! Not only will you get more in your case, but your clothes won’t crease either. No ironing when you arrive – bonus!
- Use your shoes to store bottles (packed in a plastic bag). Another space-saving hack and also helps avoid the suncream in suitcase scenario (trust me, it doesn’t come out of clothes easily!!)
- Decant toiletries into smaller bottles to save taking a back breaking-ly heavy suitcase. We do love a good mooch in foreign pharmacie to find suncreams, potions and lotions
- Put your liquids into a clear plastic bag before you get to the airport. Save yourself the agony of lugging suitcases, children and rummaging round a giant handbag to find liquids and gels. You’ll pass through security cool, and feeling really rather smug.
- Compartmentalise! We’ve discovered these fabulous packing cubes to help organise your suitcase. Thing we love the most about them is that you compartmentalise them when you pack, and lift them into a wardrobe or drawer when you arrive. Ta-dah! The cute cactus version we bought is featured in the link below.
Happy holidays, lovely people. X